Southwest Regional Recorder's Meeting - February 4, 2021
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Cryptic Masons International Collar
Photo Credit; MIC John Bridegroom
On February 4, 2021, a conference call was held with the Regional Deputies. A summary of the call is below.
Invocation: Phil Hardiman
- Observing for planning for the Conference.
- Meetings are about half and half - virtual and in person.
- Festivals coming up
- E-Journal for quick read facts and education.
- Grand Sessions - Split up over 3 weekends
- May 8 Grand Council - 10 AM to 2 PM
- Grand Council will meet on Saturday, May 8th at 10:00 am
- Grand Commandery will meet on Saturday, May 15th at 10:00 am
- Grand Chapter will meet on Saturday, May 22nd, time TBD.
- Are there any videos that show degree work or are dedicated to the topics covered for candidates in waiting.
- Bob Davis put together some video education for intros to the degree work.
- Make available on GGC Marketplace.
- Colorado River Fall Festival - Video?
- Courtesy work is available in Arizona; Nevada IF opened up.
- Virtual Sessions Saturday, February 27, 2021 - Chapter, Council, Commandery.
- Preliminary Proceedings already published. Historical information being included.
- Still quarantined - everything is virtual.
- Membership mining - now at 220 members. Exit interviews going on right now to find out what happened. 5-10 years - why did you leave?
- Last year - 15 new members.
- Annual Return on deck.
- New Grand Recorder anticipated.
- 2021 - Promote First Responder Program.
- 2021-2025 - Life Membership program.
- Nevada’s closed right now. MWGM order.
- MWGM scheduled for CRFF last year...
- Intends to host CRFF this year if legally allowed.
- Sessions - decided on 13 February
- June 27-29, 2021 - planning in-person at this point. Virtual is standby.
- New Mexico is still limited to 5 or less for gatherings, quarantine for 2 weeks.
- Virtual Grand Sessions scheduled for April 17, 2021
- The last quarterly meeting for 2020-2021 was held last Saturday. The Grand Heads of the three Grand Bodies have decided that due to the unknown status of the state covid restrictions that will be in effect in April to cancel the in-person Grand Sessions and to conduct the 2021 Grand Sessions virtually on the Zoom Platform. Please mark your calendar for New Mexico Grand Sessions, April 17, 2021. Grand Council will be at 9 am. Grand Commandery at 11 am. Grand Chapter at 1pm. Registration will be available on-line shortly.
- Virtual Sessions - Hammering specifics May 8 is the tentative date for the Grand Sessions. Full day. Chapter, Council, Commandery.
- Educational Zoom meetings.
- Open for live degrees under conditions.
- March 6, 2021, is CMMRF Day - Please encourage donations.
- We are striving to reach $500,000 in donations for a purpose - a local STEM processing lab at UI to mitigate transport and time costs during trials and studies.
General Grand Master
- GGC Office working to get caught up - financial reports and processes in transition.
- Focus on Brazil and Italy - where there are issues with the Grand Chapter taking the “lead” for all of York Rite in the Jurisdiction. We are working with both to return to the status of being a Grand Council.
- Brazil Grand Chapter - allowing irregular Masons to be a part of the organizations, centralizing control of money and organization. Grand Chapter chartered by the General Grand Chapter has lost the authorization to work by several of the Grand Lodges in Brazil. A new Grand Chapter has been instantiated which is now recognized by both the General Grand Council and the Grand Encampment of Knights Templar. The General Grand Council has withdrawn recognition with the Grand Chapter originally chartered by the General Grand Chapter.
- Dates for the 1st Triennial Meeting
- August 13-14, 2021 - Minneapolis, MN
- First Day - Education, Training, CMMRF, etc.
- GG Assembly - Constitution & Bylaws Changes, Grand and Subordinate Charters
- GEKT has been the epitome of York Rite Cooperation. Essentially hosting us.
- Registrations will be one - the GEKT will have a registration, ours will be a part of it.
- Registrations should be available in early March.
- Education speaker for GEKT on Sunday.
- Mid-Term Session - August of 2022 - Budget - Virtual.
- August/September 2023 - General Grand Assembly
- Kevin Sample, Chair.
- Awaiting books being closed for 2020 Triennial from General Grand Chapter.
Benediction: Robert Peterson