Southwest Regional Recorder's Meeting - January 6, 2021
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Cryptic Masons International Collar
Photo Credit; MIC John Bridegroom
On January 6, 2021, a conference call was held with the Regional Deputies. A summary of the call is below.
Invocation: Gerhart Walsh
General Grand Council
- Happy New Year!
- Engravings are getting caught up.
- Greeting Patent
- $5.00 for an electronic version.
- Will print and invoice for costs plus $5.00.
- Form - Current Grand Master
- May 17, 2021 - Virtual - 10:00 AM (Tentative time)
- April - Details will be out for Registration.
- 2019 - 9.3%, 2020 8% (Net loss percentages)
- Membership is taking Retention seriously
- Tom will be available while Phil is out, whenever minor surgery is scheduled.
- All meetings virtual by MW Grand Master - expect until June.
- Gerhart retiring as Grand Recorder for 2021-22
- February 27, 2021 - Virtual Meeting 10:00 AM
- Chapter, Council, Commandery
- Link and Advance Documentation
- Focus on reinstatements rather than new members due to restrictions.
- 222 Members - Annual Returns are done.
- Meetings of 4-5 people ok.
- Plan for Life Membership and First Responder Campaigns.
- Suggestion: Quarterly and Semi-Annual Report.
- Still locked down (5 people max meeting) no ritual, no lodge.
- Meetings via Zoom
- Installations did happen - people moved offices in most organizations.
- First meeting on January 18, 2021
- Quarterly Grand York Rite Meeting January 23, 2021 (30th Possible - Tentative)
- Undecided for Grand Sessions - TBA February 1, 2021
- April 15-17, 2021 (Chapter, Council, Commandery)
- TONIGHT - Barry Newell - Review of the Symbols of Royal Arch Masonry
- February 18, 2021 - Roberto Sanchez - Chamber of Reflection - A Revitalized and Misunderstood Practice.
- March 19, 2021 - Glen Cook - Orders Beyond the York Rite
- Grand Sessions
- Talking about virtual at this point.
- TBA May 6-9, 2021 (Side Bodies on Thursday, Council, Commandery, Chapter)
- Grand Lodge - Allowed 10 or less for one hour.
- York Rite are all virtual meetings.
- Not really anything going on for the Region (as all are closed down).
- Working on a plan for in-person options.
Benediction: Dion A. Newhouse