Northeast Regional Recorder's Meeting - December 10, 2020
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Cryptic Masons International Collar
Photo Credit; MIC John Bridegroom
On December 10, 2020, a conference call was held with the Northeast Regional Recorders. A summary of the call is below.
In Attendance: Mark Irwin, John Lawson, Vernon Huebschman, Rick Howe, John Gallant, Patrick Nnaji, David Schuler, Michele Balke, Sandy Karstens, Stephen Balke, G. Thomas Taylor. William G. Snyder
Invocation: Chuck Roberts
General Grand Council -
- Current issues in Brazil and short history.
- Current office status -
- First Responder Award
- Time to work on programs and initiatives.
- Dates to come for next few
- Christmas Observance is Saturday, December 12, 2020
- Stu Dross/Chuck McCollum
- Grand Master - No in-person meetings - revisit on January 11, 2021.
- A lot of participation on Zoom - Appendant Bodies working virtually.
- Sessions planning for options (hotel got sold to the County)
District of Columbia
- Special Semi-Annual 23 January - Grand Council
- Grand Lodge - 5PM December 12, 2020 - Annual Communication - Virtual - Zoom
- March 20, 2021 - Annual Assembly for Grand Council - in person (tentatively)
- Christmas Observance - Zoom -
- 50 max for any gathering per Governor
- Guidelines for degrees and meetings - encouragement for staying in your District.
- Shutdown anticipated by the end of the year.
- York Rite meetings at a standstill - suspensions by local bodies on a month to month basis.
- Chapters have had Candidates locally.
- 10 Greetings in November - attendance deliberately limited to degree team and Candidates.
- Maryland - County Governments are the restriction origins, some bodies are meeting in other Counties.
- January - Lodge Installations - York Rite traditionally dormant, except to welcome the new Worshipful Masters at the Lodge.
- February - Secretaries, Recorders, and Treasurers meeting/school; scheduled as a virtual session, but may go live - modules being built to break up the virtual setting.
- General and specific topics including minutes, annual returns, 990, etc.
- Semi-Annual Meeting - May - not yet scheduled.
- Annual Meeting - October 22-23, 2021 planned in person. Ocean City, MD. Dunes Hotel.
- CMMRF Donations - New address:
- Cryptic Mason Medical Research Foundation
- PO Box 210
- Brownsburg IN, 46112-0210
- York Rite Bodies - Suspend degree work until the New Year.
- Covid up - Zoom utilization starting to be used more.
- May Annual Sessions - still planned for in person.
- First Responder goes through the Grand Bodies.
- Grand Lodge met in November - limited to 125 people - social distancing.
- Christmas Observance last Sunday - 12/7/2020
- Zoom for all meetings until further notice.
- Northstar program - used to funnel and schedule for degree work.
- Commandery and Masonry development across New York following the Erie Canal, Ron Brown - January 19, 2021
- Statewide - Christmas Observance - December 15, 2021
- Grand Lodge - Leadership and Development - holding Zoom meetings/training
- Begin the process of Masonic Development - Road to the East - Master’s Development
- Coming in January
- Other special Programs
- Governor - 10 people gathering - restaurants 25%
- Grand Master - DDGMs by County - based on County stats/laws
- No county hopping - no visitations.
- MIGM in quarantine - son has COVID.
- GG Grand Commandery and Lady - COVID.
- Grand Lodge Communication - May 2021 - planned alternative/hybrid/options.
- Zoom accounts from Grand Commandery distributed throughout the Zones.
- Local bodies are doing Zoom meetings.
- Quarantine 14 days - Statewide.
- Grand Lodge - We’re closed for the foreseeable future - in person.
- Zoom - Chapter/Council today.
- MIGM - Zoom meetings limited - full ritual to open/close.
- Semi-Annual Chapter and Council - Staying the same 2021-22 year.
- Christmas Observances - M/RI - Zoom Observance December 18, 2020
- Grand Lodge/Governor - In-person events restricted/closed.
- Thanksgiving was interesting.
- Edicts last month in support of Grand Lodge from York Rite
- Shutdown until further notice.
- Christmas Observance - UNK
- Annual Session still planned for in-person tentatively.
- Working on getting things organized.
- State Chairmen Zoom meetings and learning sessions.
- Thumbdrive for the State Chairs -
- Literature, envelopes, memorials, etc.
- Dr. Murphy presentation
- “Non-medicalese” program explanation.
- Need to update CMMRF with information/State Chairs/officers, etc.
- $500,000 by July 1 - Purpose drive fundraiser.
- Stem cell processing apparatus (stop having to send to Harvard - time and money savings)
- Encapsulator was the last purchase - allowed for several projects to go forward.
- Provide tools and resources to explain our Charity and raise funds.
Benediction: Mark Irwin