Mid-Atlantic Regional Recorder's Meeting - March 25, 2021
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Cryptic Masons International Collar
Photo Credit; MIC John Bridegroom
On March 25, a conference call was held with the Mid-Atlantic Regional Recorders. A summary of the call is below.
- The annual session was held two weeks ago. All officers stayed in place except for Mark Irwin who is now Grand Treasurer.
- One council is meeting in person
- All Blue lodges are meeting in person
- Two Commandery meeting in person
- End of this month - Grand Lodge Semi-Annual Communication, in person. Spacing requirements are being met.
- York Rite canceled plan for Spring.
District of Columbia
- Grand Sessions was this past Saturday.
- Monty: Marcel was elected GM. Attended a Triangle Council. Was long and went well.
- Holding Semi-Annual Grand Convocation & Assembly on May 8, 2021
- Council 9a; Chapter 1p; Commandery scheduled for the 27th (last Sat. in May)
- All meetings at the Grand Lodge building.
- Conferring of degrees on April 24th - Thrice Illustrious Master Degree
- No pending legislation for the Semi-Annual.
- Chapters & Councils are open throughout the state and active. Commandery is still shut down.
- Fourth weekend in October is the Sessions.
- Recorders Conference is located on the website. Website is being improved. Conference is 4.5 hours long.
- March 6 - Annual Grand Assembly, Chapter, and Commandery - all went well.
- Grand Recorder and Grand Treasurer stepped down; meetings with the new replacements and transitioning. Elective Line is in communication and Councils are informed.
- MIGM edict; limitation of 25 for in-person gatherings; conducting Zoom meetings until April.
- Degrees are scheduled tentatively. May be backed up til September.
- Lectures are being presented over Zoom.
- No report
- No report
- No report
- Promoting the GGC48 Official Tie
- Promoting/feature for an article in the Decryption
- An individual who will be sending a check for $5000 from Taiwan. The gift will put us right at $50,000 for our deadline of April.
- The greater goal of $500,000 by the end of 2021.
- Triennial: Workshop for State CMMRF Chairman. To promote their learning of their positions.
General Grand Council
- Youth Advocate Award: Focused on recognizing the adults in your community who go above and beyond in educating the youth.
- First session of the Triennial; August 13 & 14: Focused on legislation that was not taken care of previously and a charter for Germany.
- Friday 13; CMMRF meeting; education for State Chairs and general information.
- Dinner on Friday night; Aloha attire;
- Fireside Chat is canceled this month for Holy observances. It will be scheduled for April.